Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, September 22, 2012
Did you know... The merchants of our antique district in Hazel, KY invite you to spend a leisurely day shopping in their numerous stores? Just minutes south of Murray, Hazel is located on the Kentucky/Tennessee line. Most stores are open daily. Log onto www.hazelky.com for details or information on Hazel Day, Oct. 6.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Festival of Champions, Stewart Stadium, Today.
- Fall on the Farm, MSU Pullen Farm, Today, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., $5 per person.
- 2012 Playful City USA Play Day Celebration, Central Park, Today, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Play Day with Humane Society, MCC Park, Today, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- LBL Animal Rescue Dog Paddle in the Pool, Central Park, Today, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., $5 donation.
- Poker Run, Briggs & Stratton Parking Lot, Today, Registration: 9:45 a.m.; Bikes Out: 10:30 a.m.; Last Bike In: 3 p.m., Paris Landing, call 270-759-1680, ext. 1158, $10 per rider.
- Kentucky Junior Rodeo, TNT Arena, Hazel, Today, Noon; Sept. 23, 10 a.m.
- 4th Annual Murray Adult Spelling Bee, Murray Womanís Club, Sept. 24, 6:30 p.m. $25 for team of 3, call 270-753-2350 to register
- Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate Veterans Meeting, Old Penny Store, Sept. 24, 7 p.m., Speaker: Johnny Gingles.
- LEAP Leader Orientation, CC Extension Office, Sept. 26, 1 - 2:30 p.m., call 753-1452 to register
- Parents Weekend, MSU, Sept. 29 - 30
- Blood Drive, Center for Health & Wellness, Oct. 3, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m
- Kentucky Senior Games, Murray, Oct. 3 - 7, www.tourmurray.com.
- Hazel Day, Hazel, Oct. 6
- Fort Heiman Camp #1834, Sons of Confederate Memorial Service and Stone Setting, Winchester Cemetery, New Concord, Oct. 7, 2:30 p.m
- Alzheimer Support Group, Weaks Center, Oct. 9, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- A Taste of the Arts, The Murray Room, CFSB Center, Oct. 11, Silent Auction - 5:30 p.m.; Dinner - 6:30 p.m., call 270-809-3250 for info
- Homecoming, MSU, Oct. 13
- Farmerís Market of Murray - Calloway County, Fridays 3 - 6 p.m.; Murray Main Street Farmerís Market, Saturdays, 7 a.m. - Noon.
- Bethel University Offering New Online Bachelor of Science Programs, Starting Oct. 27 and Nov. 17, call 731-415-2560 for more info.
- Bank of Cadiz Travel Club hosts Holiday at Cheekwood & Franklin, Dec. 4, Register by Nov. 9, Space is limited, www.bankofcadiz.com o or call 270-759-4852 for more info.
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Small Business Seminar, Commerce Center, Wednesdays thru Oct. 10, Noon - 1 p.m.: Sept. 19 - Using Microsoft Excel; Sept. 26 - Retirement Planning; Oct. 3 - Health Care Reform: Whatís It Mean to Your Business; Oct. 10 - Top 10 Reasons Businesses Fail.
Communication Innovation Seminar with Billy Graham, Wrather Museum, Sept. 27, 8 - 11 a.m
For more information on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.