Report by Lisa Satterwhite,
Chamber of Commerce
For Saturday, November 24, 2012
Did you know... Angels Attic has TWO locations for their Christmas Bazaar Saturday, Dec. 1? Visit Angels Attic on Chestnut and an additional location just behind at 976 Arcadia Circle. Angels Attic is Murray’s community thrift shop to provide financial support for Angels Community Clinic and to support other community charities through the sale of donated items. For more information call 270-762-0505.
Coming Up Around Town:
- Christmas in the 1850s, The Homeplace, LBL,
- Fibromyalgia: Educational Talk, Weaks Center, Nov. 26, 10 a.m.
- ‘See It My Way’ Calloway County Middle School Art Student Exhibition, Murray Art Guild, thru Nov. 27.
- Breast Cancer Support Group, Center for Health & Wellness, Nov. 27, 6;30 – 7:30 p.m
- Red Cross Blood Drives, Curris Center, Nov. 27 – 28, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- CUBS meeting, Glendale Church of Christ, Nov. 28, Noon.
- Active Parenting Now, CC Extension Office, Nov. 29, 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- Main Street Merriment and Dickens’ Alley, Nov. 30 – Dec. 1.
- H. Thomas Rushing Memorial Breakfast, Pagliai’s, Dec. 1, 6 – 9:30 a.m.
- ‘Sharing the Joy of Christmas’ Rotary Club Parade, Main Street, Dec. 1, 10 a.m.
- Angel’s Attic Christmas Bazaar, 972 Chestnut & 976 Arcadia Circle, Dec. 1, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Town & Gown Community Band/MSU Choral Society Holiday Concert, First Baptist Church, Dec. 1, 7 p.m.
- Live Nativity Scene, Cherry Ag Expo Center, Dec. 1 – 2.
- Hazel Holiday Open House, Hazel Merchants, Dec. 1 – 2.
- Hanging of the Greens, First United Methodist Church, Dec. 2, 5 p.m.
- Holiday Reception and Open House, Oakhurst, Dec. 6, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Holiday Market, Murray Elementary Gym, Dec. 6, 5 – 8 p.m.
- A Christmas Carol, Playhouse in the Park, Dec. 7 – 16, (Fridays – Sunday), www.playhouseinthepark.net for tickets.
- Sigma Dept. Breakfast with Santa, Murray Woman’s Club, Dec. 8, 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Kappa Dept. 32nd Annual Tour of Homes, ‘Homes for the Holidays’, Dec. 9, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Art Market Holiday Open House, Murray Art Guild, Dec. 9, 2 p.m., www.murrayartguild.org.
- Christmas in the Park, MCC Central, through Dec. 26.
- For events at Murray State University visit
Welcome New Chamber Members:
C & C Entertainment, dj/entertainment/photo booth, Dave Cortazzo, 2212 Edinborough Dr., Murray, KY 42071, 928-446-1717
Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings/Events:
Chamber on the Breakfast Show, WNBS 1340 AM, First and Third Mondays, 7:30 - 8 a.m.
Wound Care, North Tower - MCCH, Nov. 27, 12:30 p.m. (new services).
Multi-Chamber Email Marketing Seminar, Wrather Museum, MSU, Nov. 29, 8 a.m. – Noon, Free.
Dunkin’ Donuts, 300 N. 12th St., Nov. 29, 1:30 p.m. (new business).
New York Life – Byron Peacher, Commerce Center, Dec. 6, 1:30 p.m. (new business).
Glenn Shepard Seminar, Julian Carroll Convention Center, Paducah, Dec. 6, 8:30 a.m. – Noon, call 270-753-5171 for details.
Business@Breakfast, The Murray Room, CFSB, Dec.7:30 a.m.
C&C Entertainment recently joined the chamber and celebrated with a ribbon cutting. C&C Entertainment offers a variety of services
from photo booths, dj services, karaoke, and video services. You can find them on the web at www.yumadjs.com
For more information on becoming a member of the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce or hosting a Chamber event contact Lance Allison or Lisa Satterwhite at 753-5171.