WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit membership organization whose members are local businesses invested in developing their business, growing our economy, and strengthening our community.
OUR MISSION is to serve our members to enhance our business community.
WHAT WE DO
For nearly a century, the Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce has been a COMMUNITY CHAMPION; a trusted source for CONNECTING area businesses, DEVELOPING local leaders and being a VOICE for the businesses in our community.
Every event, program & initiative we take on is to meet the needs of our members in these areas.
WHY WE DO IT
A strong business climate means a strong community, which is why we strive to provide our members with connections & resources to help strengthen their business.
The work we do is to meet our VISION of making Murray & Calloway County the best place to live, work & do business.
HOW WE DO IT
HOW WE SERVE OUR MEMBERS
We are devoted to providing resources to our members that will give them the tools to build their network, save money, and connect to local talent. We connect our members to:
- Opportunities to expand their network through attending chamber events & participating in programming
- Potential customers through member referrals and relocation packets
- Savings opportunities including insurance discounts, free conference room rentals & member to member discounts
- Business resources & trainings
- Local, state & nationally elected officials through City/County Update Breakfast, Calloway to the Capitol trip & annual legislative preview
- Our future workforce through our Murray Works Foundation & partnerships with local school systems
- Potential employees through partnership & frequent presence on campus at Murray State University
- Media visibility through ribbon cutting celebrations, monthly radio show appearance & monthly newspaper insert
- Member & community information through weekly e-newsletters, the Member Information Center & online event calendar
We are leaders & we develop leaders. We help our members further develop their people, teams and businesses through:
- Leadership Murray
- Young Professionals of Murray
- Leadership Initiative for Teachers
- Murray Works Foundation
- Chamber Ambassadors
- Seminars for Success
- SPARK - 8th Grade Career Exploration Event
- Classroom to Career Visits
- Leadership development workshops, seminars and trainings
- Annual Women in Business Luncheon
We are a voice for business on a local, state and national level. We utilize our network to tackle challenges so our members can focus on running their business.
- Annual City/County Update Breakfast
- Calloway to the Capitol Visit & West KY Thank You Night
- Legislative updates with local, state & national officials
- Regional Community Partnerships
- Yearly Legislative Priorities