Welcome to Murray & Calloway County
Nestled in America's heartland near Kentucky Lake and Land Between the Lakes, our growing micropolitan community is bustling with activity and quality of life. Preparing for the future while holding to our agricultural roots, Murray-Calloway County enjoys a thriving business community, Murray State University, a top ranked institution recognized by U.S. News & World Report, nationally ranked city and county schools systems, and an outstanding quality of life.
Murray-Calloway County community accolades include:
- Friendliest Small Town in America by Rand McNally
- #1 Best Place to Live in Kentucky by Movoto.com
- 100 Best Communities for Young People
- Playful City, USA Designee
- Hazel, KY named by Fodor's as 10 Best Antiquing Towns in US